This is a self exploration exercise that has been spreading Facebook like wildfire lately, that I thought would be worthwhile posting on my site as its been a while since I've updated. Here are 25 random things about me.
1. I was first introduced to the internet in 1994, in my friend Cary’s parent’s basement on an early Mac running a 14.4k modem. I've been obsessed ever since.
2. I am left handed
3. My heroes are people who found something they were truly passionate about and then did it for a living.
4. I typically only read non-fiction books. There’s just something more fascinating to me about things that actually happened.
5. I have a terrible and unrelenting nail biting habit.
6. My wife and I recently bought a townhouse in one of the most liberal suburbs in Chicago, despite the fact that by most people’s definitions we are rather Republican.
7. For the last 5 years or so I have been obsessed with search engines and have become an expert in helping companies leverage them for business purposes.
8. There will always be a small place in my heart for Crystal Pepsi. It was a truly exceptional beverage.
9. I tend to be an incredibly blunt person which has probably given me as many opportunities as it has taken away.
10. I never went thirsty my freshman year of college once I got a hold of a copy of Adobe Photoshop, a good color printer, and a lamination machine.
11. When I was 17, I played a sold out show at the Metro in Chicago while in a punk/ska band
12. The last time I played a guitar was probably 6 months ago, the last time I performed in front of people was about 5 years ago.
13. My mom is a dietitian and my dad is a dentist, yet I tend to eat unhealthily and don't floss very often.
14. In 2004, I self published a book I wrote called “Two Years in Electronic Form” chronicling my travels through Europe and my senior year of college.
15. I have a bizarre fascination with Metropolitan Rapid Transit Systems (ex. "the el" "the subway" "the underground" etc.....)
16. I will have been married for a year in March.
17. I am generally terrible at video games. I have never been able to get past the 3rd level in Super Mario Brothers without cheating and using the warp zones.
18. I take ridiculously long showers.
19. My birthday is on 3/3 and my wife's birthday is on 7/7 which has always seemed kind of cool to me even though I suppose it's not.
20. My favorite band of all time is the Weakerthans.
21. I have always rooted for the underdog.
22. My wife asked me the other day; If I was on death row and had to choose my last meal what would it be? I said chicken nuggets and tater tots. She thinks that's weird and she's probably right.
23. You have probably never met someone who has less interest in watching & following sports than me, despite the fact that I’ve played ice hockey since I was 5, played varsity in high school all 4 years, and still play in an adult league.
24. For reasons unbeknownst to me, I feel a kinship with people that live or grew up in the Appleton, WI area.
25. I am on a never ending search for new gadgets and internet enabled devices that I'd like to buy.